New Haven PTA
- Community Rewards Fundraiser – Make contact with area businesses quarterly to have fun successful fundraisers around the area. Also spearheads PR around Kroger Rewards and Shoparoo Campains
- COSI – (1-2 shifts/3 days in March) Reserves COSI (Center of Science and Industry) which is a mobile science exhibit that features interactive, discovery-based exhibit areas that are brought to school. Volunteers are asked to assist with “lab” stations. Selects theme of visit, organizes volunteers to work on the day of event. No Science experience needed.
- Father-Daughter Social – Organizes event for fall, reserves space at St. Tim’s, selects theme, and advertises event. Selects decorations, photographer or a photo booth, corsages, DJ and activities (coloring, games), and refreshments for kids. Sells tickets in advance, collects money & distributes wristbands and maintains list of guests.
- Fifth Grade Recognition Night – (end of school year) Orders & serves cake and punch after 5th grade recognition ceremony; orders, picks-up, & delivers flowers for 5th graders and 5th grade teachers on day of event. Assists 5th grade teachers with T-shirt and trophy/medal orders as needed.
- Holiday Shop – (December) Reserves dates with vendor & school to bring shop to school for one week during December. Creates volunteer schedule for week, sets up shop, sets prices, keeps track of inventory & money, and reorders during the week as needed. Volunteers are needed to assist students in appropriate gift selection and money management.
- Hospitality – (Various) Organize teacher back to school lunch in August and end of year lunch in May with Teacher Appreciation Chairs. Organizes sack dinners for staff during parent conferences in the fall, PTA crossover lunch in May, and other events as needed during year.
- Junior Achievement – Recruits volunteers to teach 5-week program for each classroom during Orientation Night & early Aug. Trains volunteers in late Aug/early Sept. and coordinates volunteers as needed.
- Mother-Son Date Night – Organizes event for January, selects theme and advertises event. Selects decorations, photographer or a photo booth, entertainment/games/activities for kids. Organizes dinner with cafeteria staff or with outside vendors and sells tickets in advance, collects money & distributes wristbands and maintains list of guests.
- Popcorn Fridays – (2 days/month for 2 hours each) coordinates popping, bagging, and delivering popcorn to classrooms on 16 pre-approved Popcorn Friday mornings (works with Tiger Store chair to determine dates). Maintains master lists for each classroom to help teachers determine which students receive popcorn each day. Distributes money pouches to teachers the Tuesday before each Popcorn Friday. Orders popcorn/popcorn bags as needed and checks delivery for correct inventory.
- Reflections – (Oct.-Nov.) Organizes National PTA art contest at school level held in fall (deadline Oct). Communicates theme and rules to students, encourages participation. Arranges for judging at school level, organizes awards ceremony and sends winners to district level. Training held in late July by 14th district PTA.
- Special Persons Day (Kindergarten) – Works with Kindergarten teachers to organize day for grandparents, parents, or other such “special people.” Children give a performance for their special guests. Purchases cookies/lemonade to be served in cafeteria for both AM and PM shows. Purchases supplies for each Kindergarten student to make 2 foam picture frames prior to the event. Takes and develops photos of students for frames. Recruits responsible 5th grade students to make signs, direct traffic and hand out programs.
- Spirit Wear – Busiest time is late summer/fall. Orders New Haven spirit wear and sells at orientation night. Handles fall apparel orders, taking money, placing order, sorting and distributing fall orders. Coordinates PTA/Staff polo orders, which can be done several times during the year. Organizes additional apparel drives as needed including Spring Pre-Sale for following school year.
- Talent Show – (spring) Organizes talent show for grades K-5 in spring. Advertises event, distributes rules and sign ups, and holds 2 days of auditions 3-4 weeks prior to event. Duties include delivering registration forms and helping at auditions and the show. Directs show on day of event. Usually holds 2 performances during day.
- Teacher Appreciation – (August/May) Organizes TA Week in May and other treats throughout the year. Works with hospitality to organize back to school lunch in August and end of year lunch after school is out.
- Tiger Dads/All Pro Dad – Coordinates breakfasts/events with Dads and kids several times a year to encourage father involvement. Uses curriculum provided by All Pro Dad. Organizes school landscaping maintenance as needed such as planting flowers, pulling weeds and freshening mulch.
- Spring Carnival – (2 Chairs Preferred) Usually in Late March. Coordinate with subcommittee chairs prior to carnival and help as needed. Advertise carnival to parents, organize volunteers to work the carnival, and request donations for cake walk and concessions.
*Concessions* – Organizes food for carnival. Sets up concession area on day of carnival, including inspection with health department and works event with team of volunteers.
*Decorations* – Organize & decorate front of school with “winter” themed decorations for carnival.
*Games* – Reserve inflatables, games, and prizes from vendor(s) approximately 6 weeks prior to carnival. Set up games on afternoon of carnival and meet inflatable company for set up at school. Supervise volunteers for games during carnival.
*Silent Auction* – (late summer/fall/winter) Solicits donations from area businesses of goods and services to be auctioned off during Winter Carnival in February. Organize silent auction and raffle items, classroom baskets and bidding sheets on the day of the carnival. Contact and collect money from winners of auction items.
*Ticket Sales*– Send pre-order forms home with students approximately 2 weeks prior to carnival. Check PTA box several times per week to collect forms and checks (coordinate with President on this) and send wristbands home with children who’ve paid. Maintain list of paid families and bring to carnival. Sell wristbands at door of carnival.
*Volunteers* – Recruit volunteers to work shifts at carnival, maintain list of shifts and correspond with volunteers 1 week prior to carnival so they know what they are doing. Work volunteer sign in table at Carnival for check-in times and monitor changing volunteer needs at carnival.
- President - Organize: plan and set priorities. Recruit, manage, motivate and retain volunteers. Welcome a diverse and inclusive group of members, volunteers and leaders. Run effective programs. Manage money and raise funds. Run effective meetings. Ensure all voices are heard through effective use of parliamentary procedure. Advocate on behalf of students. Transition to the next leadership team by nurturing potential leaders and preparing the incoming team.
- Vice President Programs - Coordinates volunteers for PTA by helping recruit interested parents at beginning of the year and maintaining a list of volunteers. Distribute list to all committee chairs. Report volunteer hours twice per year to district. Oversees all program committees, assisting committee chairs as needed with events, activities and programs such as KY Kids Day and AR Store.
- Vice President Membership – Busiest time is late summer/fall. Coordinate PTA membership drive. Sell memberships at orientation day, maintain and submit membership list to KY PTA. Training held by 14th District in July.
- Vice President Ways and Means – Oversees fundraising committees, assisting committee chairs as needed with events such as Silent Auction and Winter Carnival.
- Corresponding Secretary - Ensures the timely communication of activities, functions and information to the school and PTA. Updates and maintains email distribution list. Sends out weekly emessages, updates web site and calendar as necessary and manages Facebook page. Sends thank you notes from the general PTA. Responsible for sending condolence letters and partnering with the library to purchase books in memoriam for immediate family members of students and staff.
- Recording Secretary - Responsible for recording all minutes for every Board and General Membership meeting. This includes keeping an accurate, concise, permanent record of the proceedings. Responsible for all records and documents of past meetings at every meeting. Sign, with the president, authorizations for payment after the association votes to pay a bill and or reimbursement of funds. Responsible for buying and stocking the PTA workroom with the necessary office supplies needed at that time. Responsible for advertising and updating the bulletin board for the various events we host.
- Treasurer - Ensures that the PTA’s financial records are reviewed according to the bylaws and responsible for all fiduciary responsibilities of the PTA. Sign, with the president, authorizations for payment after the association votes to pay a bill and or reimbursement of funds.